2. You mentioned that your philosophy was a great match with what they were looking for in a chef. How would you describe your philosophy as a chef?
Campbell: My philosophy starts in my own life, and with my own lifestyle and eating habits. I make conscious decisions to buy local and organic, and to stay away from GMOs, and to think about the future of the planet and the future of humans.
My philosophy is that a plant-based diet has the power to reverse and prevent disease.
3. How does that philosophy translate in terms of what you cook for Tom, Gisele, and the kids?
Campbell: So, 80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.
It’s very different than a traditional American diet. But if you just eat sugar and carbs—which a lot of people do—your body is so acidic, and that causes disease. Tom recently outed Frosted Flakes and Coca-Cola on WEEI. I love that he did that. Sugar is the death of people.
4. What ingredients don’t you use?
Campbell: No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I’ll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil. Fats like canola oil turn into trans fats. … I use Himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodized salt.
[Tom] doesn’t eat nightshades, because they’re not anti-inflammatory. So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants. Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month. I’m very cautious about tomatoes. They cause inflammation.
What else? No coffee. No caffeine. No fungus. No dairy.
The kids eat fruit. Tom, not so much. He will eat bananas in a smoothie. But otherwise, he prefers not to eat fruits.
I didnt understand many of the words used in this interview, I’m not gonna pretend I know what GMO’s are or what MSG is. What this interview did make me realize is that Tom Brady is probably going to live forever. Also that before and after photo everyone has been chirping about saying it doesnt make any sense. Now makes perfect sense.
I guess that is just what happens when you don’t eat fruit because it has too much sugar. When I eat fruit I pat myself on the back and assume I just added another couple weeks to my miserable life expectancy. Tom Brady looks at fruit like I look at street meat. Except I still buy the street meat because I have no respect for myself.
It needs to be addressed that this guy looks like a straight up Bond villain. I know if I met him he would give off that really cool “zen” vibe and he would preach about how his body is a temple. He would probably be in a silk robe doing back flips and playing the violin at the same time. That’s all well and good but guys like this just scream bodies in the downstairs freezer. As long as he keeps cutting those veggies and not Brady and the family I am totally cool. Just remember who warned ya. “A man without a vice cannot be trusted” -Brian Cox.
I am probably one of the most unhealthy people I know and reading this just makes me feel sad about all of the garbage I eat on a regular basis. Coca-cola and Frosted Flakes are absolutely nothing compared to the high octane crap I stuff down my face at 3 in the morning most weekends. Tom is officially reached Super Human status and it is clear that his kids will most likely also be superheroes. From now on nothing Tom Brady does will ever shock me. 10 years from now when people are like “wow how is Tom Brady president of the United States of America and still playing for the New England Patriots”. I will say nothing, because I know nothing and I am not worthy.